Harvestore silos are manufactured from glass-fused-to-steel panels in a factory controlled environment to ensure the highest quality product and the longest life expectancy. Originally developed by A.O. Smith in the 1930s, the first Harvestore glass-fused-to-steel tank went into service in 1949.
This agricultural use of glass-fused-to steel silos to store feed while retaining quality has been widely used for almost 60 years. Since 1930, more than 100,000 Aquastore, Harvestore, Slurrystore and NutriStore glass-fused-to-steel tanks have been installed in over 70 countries around the world.
Harvestore Structures — The Heart of Dairy Nutrition Systems
Harvestore is the champion of feed quality. Research proves that Harvestore systems reliably provide the highest quality haylage, high-moisture grains, limited dry matter loss, labor-saving convenience and better lifetime value versus today's common storage bags and bunkers.
On any dairy, feed quality influences milk production, reproductive efficiency and profits. Harvestore has built its reputation on storing superior, quality feed.
Features and Benefits
Less Dry Matter Loss, More Nutrient Value
U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center research proves that there is less dry matter loss and more nutrient value from forage stored in a Harvestore versus bags and bunkers.
Harvestores have a breather bag system that reduces air flow, especially compared to bunkers, trenches and conventional top-unloading silos. Harvestore Sealant in all joints and gasketed access doors creates a more favorable environment for storing medium moisture forages and high moisture grains. Oxygen can only access the feed through a two-way pressure relief valve when the breather bag capacity is exceeded, during the filling process and through the unloader door when it's opened for unloading.
Expandable and Movable
Expand upward, using less space. Many Harvestore models can be made taller to increase capacity as production requirements grow. Also, a Harvestore structure can be taken down and moved.
NOTE: Modifications of any kind must be done to manufacturer specifications by an authorized CST Storage dealer. Only authorized dealers have direct access to the current construction procedures, plus the factory specified parts and equipment to do the job right.
Ask about our five-year warranty on all new structures.
- The Model 135 Center Fill assembly's 13.5" wide spout is an excellent upgrade for Harvestore structures with older, narrower spouts.
- Self-Centering: No drop tube is needed.
- Clean: Fallout and potential for losing feed are reduced.
- Symmetric Filling: Promotes smoother unloader operation.
- Low Maintenance: Long lasting engineered design.
- Engineered curvature reduces the amount of lost material, especially unseen leaf loss, which is often blown away when filling.
Why Model 135 Center Fill
- Exclusive Hot-Dipped Galvanized Coating — Only the center fill manufactured by CST Storage is hot-dipped galvanized. Others are pre-galvanized, a less thorough method. The hot-dipped process increases resistance to corrosion.
- 13.5" Wide Spout — Matches or exceeds the capacity of most high capacity blowers. Chances of plugging are reduced. If plugging should occur, covers are easily removed for cleaning.
- Rugged Support Hardware — All mounting supports and angles for the Model 135 Center Fill are hot-dipped galvanized and designed to resist high winds.
- Engineered Curvature — The curvature is engineered to match a specific Harvestore structure diameter. The proper curvature reduces blower air turbulence, which causes wind losses and material fallout at the top of your structure. Remember: A specific diameter requires a specifically engineered curvature.
- Centering Chute — You can accurately direct material to the center of the structure. This process eliminates the need for a drop tube to control material centering. The centering chute can be pre-adjusted at time of installation for consistency.
- Made by CST Storage — The Model 135 Center Fill is specifically designed for CST Storage brand structures and tooled to precisely engineered standards. The Model 135 is the only center fill approved by CST Storage.
Push Button Fill - For Convenience and Safety
CST Storage has developed a way to avoid the strenuous, if not unpopular job of climbing the Harvestore to open and close its doors. The Push Button Fill Doors™ system replaces the need for climbing to the top of a Harvestore structure, and manually opening and closing the center fill and air exhaust door for normal fill operations. It's simple to use — just push a button on the convenient ground level control panel.
Touch of a button convenience
- A touch of the OPEN DOORS push button opens the center fill and air exhaust door and positions the Model 135 center fill chute for feed filling.
- During the opening process, the DOORS AJAR light illuminates, letting you know that the doors are opening as programmed.
- Once the doors are fully open, the DOORS OPENED light illuminates and you're ready to begin filling.
- After filling, press the CLOSE DOORS push button to close both the center fill and air exhaust door. Again, the DOORS AJAR indicator lights up while the doors are in motion.
Harvestore silos are ideal for the following applications:
Medium Moisture Forage
Successful Harvestore owners have cut back on harvesting losses and reduced waste at feeding time. Only Harvestore haylage offers the highest feed quality and minimal dry matter losses.
High Moisture Grain
Flourishing livestock producers store their high moisture grains in a Harvestore to eliminate drying costs, reduce field and storage losses, and improve livestock feed conversion.
The new line of XL Unloaders are more powerful, faster and more efficient than the competition. XL Unloaders now feature improved Talon Chains and cutter sequencing. Learn more here.