Harvestore Feed Storage Structures
Harvestore has built its reputation on providing dairy farms and other livestock operations with superior feed storage structures. For years, producers using Harvestore’s oxygen-limiting technology have seen the freshness of the haylage and high moisture corn coming from the unloader, the limited spoilage and dry matter loss, and the high palatability that usually results in greater efficiency. Many farmers who own both Harvestores and bags or bunkers choose to store their best forage and feed their top producers from Harvestore units. That’s because forage quality influences milk production, reproduction efficiency and profits. Harvestores have been proven to be the best storage system to preserve forage quality.
- Standard, unique feature in all Harvestore Systems
- Act as bladder for gas expanding and contracting within the structure
- Helps to minimize air that comes in contact with feed
- Forage or High Moisture Grain
- Expandable and movable
- Unloader flexibility
- Available up to 106 feet high
- New larger models available
Push-Button Fill Doors
- Opens and closes fill doors with the push of a button
- Eliminates the strenuous job of climbing the structure
- Molten glass fused to both sides of the steel sheets
- Hard, durable and long lasting
- Sheets designed to meet varying loading requirements from top to bottom
- Vitrium™ interior coating formulated to resist acids from fermented feeds
- Edges thermally coated with Edgecoat,® a protective stainless alloy
- Smooth sidewalls allow feed to slide down easily
Research Shows Benefits over Bags and Bunkers
A recently completed study confirmed that haylage stored in a Harvestore experiences less dry matter loss than haylage stored in bags and bunkers.
The study also showed that cows fed haylage from a Harvestore produced more Fat-Corrected
Milk (FCM) than those fed from a bag or bunker. The milk components chart shows the differences
between storage options.
Furthermore, Kansas State University reports the dramatic differences in dry matter loss between a Harvestore, bag or bunker.
Harvestore Branded Parts
Harvestore Branded™service parts are engineered and manufactured to strict tolerances so they perform under extreme conditions.
Harvestore Branded Parts include
- Talon Chains
- Chisel Tip hooks
- Unloader cutter arms
- Unloader backbones and housings
- Gears, shafts and pinions
- Breather bags
- Complete unloader remanufacturing kits
Each pre-owned structure erected by an authorized dealer will be constructed with rebuild kits using Harvestore Branded parts. The combination of genuine Harvestore Branded parts and authorized Harvestore dealer service will ensure quality, satisfactory operation and longevity.
Harvestore silos are ideal for the following applications:
Medium Moisture Forage
Successful Harvestore owners have cut back on harvesting losses and reduced waste at feeding time. Only Harvestore haylage offers the highest feed quality and minimal dry matter losses.
High Moisture Grain
Flourishing livestock producers store their high moisture grains in a Harvestore to eliminate drying costs, reduce field and storage losses, and improve livestock feed conversion
Need an Unloader? Farmers can unload more forage as fast or faster than they can from storage bags or concrete bunkers with a Harvestore XL Unloader.
The new line of XL Unloaders are more powerful, faster and more efficient than the competition. XL Unloaders now feature improved Talon Chains and cutter sequencing. Learn more here.