CST epoxy coated tanks using the OptiBond™ process are becoming the standard for epoxy durability, corrosion resistance, UV breakdown and abrasion. As the world's leader in factory coated tanks, CST understands that the process by which a coating is applied is as important as the coating itself.
That is why CST has implemented tight manufacturing tolerances and numerous process controls to ensure that the preparation of the steel, application of the epoxy and the curing of the coated material is unmatched. While other companies are making claims about how proprietary the name of their epoxy product is, CST is investing in the entire process.
With 120 years of experience and 250,000 field-tested applications around the world, no other manufacturer comes close to our level of knowledge of how to apply epoxy coatings and how they endure in some of the harshest environments. CST is proud to have our potential customers visit our ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facilities and see first-hand why CST's coating processes are unmatched.
Benefits of Factory-Applied Coatings
Coatings applied in the environmentally controlled manufacturing facility and cured at a controlled temperature under strict process controls:
- Eliminates the weather factors incurred when applying a coating in the field after constructing a welded tank. With factory-applied coatings there is no waiting for the weather to be within specific parameters in order to apply the coatings and trust in the environmental conditions to properly cure the coating.
- Each step in our factory-applied coating process can be carefully monitored so that inconsistencies in the coating can be detected in the earliest possible stage of the process prior to tank construction fully applying the coating
- Completion of the the tank can be performed in as much as 1/3 the time as alternative materials and methods. On site delays due to weather are greatly eliminated, service can commence earlier and ROI begins sooner.
The CST OptiBond™ Coating System
CST Industries utilizes proprietary coating technology that provides maximum corrosion resistance and long tank life. Our experience has led to continuous technology and process improvements. The result is the finest epoxy coating available in the liquid tank industry. The OptiBond™ coating system is derived from years of in-field experience and performance data.
- Parts are degreased and rinsed.
- Precisely controlled hot air drying and pre-heating at optimum temperature for precision coating process.
- Parts surfaces are blasted with engineered grit material.
- Rugged 3-D surface topography is created for better powder coating performance.
- A high velocity air curtain removes residual particulate.
- Parts are powder coated in our proprietary TRICO BOND EP® electrostatic booth with precise environmental controls.
- Parts are cured at controlled temperature to maximize the cross-link bond of the epoxy particles.
- Uniquely engineered polyurethane topcoat is applied for UV protection on the exterior surfaces for extra durability and longevity.
- Sheets are cured at controlled temperature, yielding the final product.
Parts are subjected to a rigorous quality control evaluation with a high voltage defect testing procedure. This will identify any holidays, inclusions and thin areas in the coating. No other company has a higher process and quality control standard.
OptiBond Epoxy coated tanks are ideal for the following applications:
CST provides flat-panel, jack-built tanks, chime panel (CP) scaffold built tanks and factory-welded tank designs, all capable of safely and economically being installed on every diverse site imaginable.
CST provides multiple liquid and dry storage tank designs from make-up water to fly ash and coal storage, CST can meet all your power generation tank needs.
CST's roots are in the petrochemical industry manufacturing API monogrammed tanks. CST offers PetroTec storage solutions from frac process to oil storage and more.
CST HydroTec fire protection tanks satisfy today's specifications and tomorrow's needs in a durable, turnkey package that can be constructed anywhere in the world.
CST's HydroTec epoxy coated tanks are used to store a variety of liquid products including food, chemicals, mining fluids and slurries, pharmaceuticals and process fluids.
When durable, economical above ground tank solutions are needed, CST HydroTec tanks are available with numerous wastewater process supplier's products to deliver reliable results.
Each application is unique in that each set of specifications is different. If you have a unique application, CST can offer the world's largest selection of integrated factory-coated storage tanks and covers to choose from to meet your needs