ROV Water Tank Inspection Services available. Contact us for a quote.
CST provides bolted steel tank repairs for dry bulk and liquid storage tanks.
CST has specialists geared and ready to perform your Visual & Ultrasonic Testing who can proactively identify signs of corrosion or improper operating conditions and help extend the life of your tank. We recommend having your tank inspected every 3 – 5 years. Whether you need a periodic inspection, review of a structural concern, or analysis of your tank’s service life; CST can fulfill your inspection requirements.
Visual Inspections include but are not limited to:
- Bolts – Inspect tank hardware for corrosion, delamination, pitting, cracking, or general hardware deterioration, as well as adequate bolt tightness and sealing of gasket
- Coatings – Inspect internal and external systems for corrosion, chipping, peeling, chalking, and evaluate expected service life
- Roof – Inspect topside for corrosion, settlement due to overloading from product or structure environment, damage caused by equipment or operations and fatigue. Inspect underside structure for structural integrity and hardware condition at connection points
- Tank Appurtenances and Accessories – Inspect nozzles, manways, level instrumentation, piping, venting and equipment connections for general serviceablility
- Tank Access Components – Inspect ladders, platforms, walkways, stairways, handrails, guardrails, ladder cages and other safety climbing or access devises for safe condition and code compliance
- Shell of Tank – Inspect internal and external walls for corrosion, deformation and other structural damage or metal loss
- Bottom – Inspect internal topside for corrosion, wear, settling or other foundation issues
- Foundation and Surrounding Area – Inspect site to look for problems with foundation, site drainage to surrounding area and inspect anchoring hardware, saddles and other connection components
- Hopper – Inspect for damage, distortion, flow problems or other indications of upset operations
Don’t know what to do or where to start? Let our experienced materials, inspection and construction professionals consult with you to find a solution for your specific need. Whether it’s a maintenance problem or routine inspection, let our team do the heavy lifting and provide a recommendation or repair plan.
Ultrasonic Inspection Services
CST’s Ultrasonic Thickness Testing (UTT) uses high frequency ultrasonic wave detection to measure material thickness and identify metal loss due to corrosion or erosion of steel, as well as identify internal imperfections.
CST’s UTT allows us to identify deficiencies in remaining metal thickness that can be used to assess the expected remaining life of an asset, develop repair procedures or determine if the asset can be modified for other storage applications.
Advantages of Ultrasonic Thickness Testing:
- Provides instant and accurate results
- Measures material thickness
- Could be used with access to only one surface
- Determines acceptance or rejection of a test object based on a reference code or standard
All field inspection data, engineering analysis and evaluation of work performed is translated into the proper report format and delivered in a timely manner. The findings of the inspection shall be documented by field notes, instrumentation readings and photographs.
All inspections are performed to meet or exceed AWWA, NFPA, FM and API-12B specifications.
Dry Bulk & Liquid Storage Tanks
Aluminum Domes, Reservoir & Flat Covers
In a world that moves too fast, it’s nice to know some people don’t believe in shortcuts. That’s the spirit behind Jack Daniel’s, America’s oldest registered distillery. Founded in 1866, Jack Daniel’s is an iconic brand that’s synonymous with whiskey. From its modest beginnings, it has grown into a global brand that is available in […]
Situated in Fort Davis Park where a Civil War fort once stood, this iconic 25,500-square-foot structure is an elegant yet accessible gathering place for local residents – a re-imagining of what a library can be. The new Francis Gregory Library is stunning, beguiling, welcoming, and complements its leafy surroundings.
Styles come and go, and sometimes reappear. Take hats, for example. What’s fashionable in the 60s went out in the 70s but may come back a few decades later. However, when it comes to municipal water facilities, yesterday’s model is gone for good, replaced by a more contemporary, sustainable design.
Read Latest Case Study Here – Point Lisas, Trinidad Receives Two State-Of-The-Art Glass-Fused-To-Steel Water Storage Tanks
Even when the lead actor gets sick, the show must go on. Not only is that true in show business, but it’s also true with big entertainment venues. Keeping the lights on and the seats filled during an extended period of repairs is a testament to collaboration and intelligent design, and that’s the spirit behind […]
Beckton Sewage Treatment Works is one of five wastewater treatment plants in the Thames Water network in the United Kingdom and the largest treatment plant in Europe. Headquartered in the London borough of Newham, it serves 3.7 million people, mainly in north and east London. As part of a $309 million upgrade to the Beckton […]
Innovative Storage Solutions
Dry Bulk Unloading Systems
Industry Leading Covers Solutions