ROV Water Tank Inspection Services available. Contact us for a quote.
CST provides bolted steel tank repairs for dry bulk and liquid storage tanks.
CST has specialists geared and ready to perform your Visual & Ultrasonic Testing who can proactively identify signs of corrosion or improper operating conditions and help extend the life of your tank. We recommend having your tank inspected every 3 – 5 years. Whether you need a periodic inspection, review of a structural concern, or analysis of your tank’s service life; CST can fulfill your inspection requirements.
Visual Inspections include but are not limited to:
- Bolts – Inspect tank hardware for corrosion, delamination, pitting, cracking, or general hardware deterioration, as well as adequate bolt tightness and sealing of gasket
- Coatings – Inspect internal and external systems for corrosion, chipping, peeling, chalking, and evaluate expected service life
- Roof – Inspect topside for corrosion, settlement due to overloading from product or structure environment, damage caused by equipment or operations and fatigue. Inspect underside structure for structural integrity and hardware condition at connection points
- Tank Appurtenances and Accessories – Inspect nozzles, manways, level instrumentation, piping, venting and equipment connections for general serviceablility
- Tank Access Components – Inspect ladders, platforms, walkways, stairways, handrails, guardrails, ladder cages and other safety climbing or access devises for safe condition and code compliance
- Shell of Tank – Inspect internal and external walls for corrosion, deformation and other structural damage or metal loss
- Bottom – Inspect internal topside for corrosion, wear, settling or other foundation issues
- Foundation and Surrounding Area – Inspect site to look for problems with foundation, site drainage to surrounding area and inspect anchoring hardware, saddles and other connection components
- Hopper – Inspect for damage, distortion, flow problems or other indications of upset operations
Don’t know what to do or where to start? Let our experienced materials, inspection and construction professionals consult with you to find a solution for your specific need. Whether it’s a maintenance problem or routine inspection, let our team do the heavy lifting and provide a recommendation or repair plan.
Ultrasonic Inspection Services
CST’s Ultrasonic Thickness Testing (UTT) uses high frequency ultrasonic wave detection to measure material thickness and identify metal loss due to corrosion or erosion of steel, as well as identify internal imperfections.
CST’s UTT allows us to identify deficiencies in remaining metal thickness that can be used to assess the expected remaining life of an asset, develop repair procedures or determine if the asset can be modified for other storage applications.
Advantages of Ultrasonic Thickness Testing:
- Provides instant and accurate results
- Measures material thickness
- Could be used with access to only one surface
- Determines acceptance or rejection of a test object based on a reference code or standard
All field inspection data, engineering analysis and evaluation of work performed is translated into the proper report format and delivered in a timely manner. The findings of the inspection shall be documented by field notes, instrumentation readings and photographs.
All inspections are performed to meet or exceed AWWA, NFPA, FM and API-12B specifications.
Dry Bulk & Liquid Storage Tanks
Aluminum Domes, Reservoir & Flat Covers
Read Latest Case Study Here – Grain Tanks Help Whiskey Flow at Jack Daniels
Read Latest Case Study Here – CST’s Solution for the Francis A. Gregory Library – Aluminum Over Steel
Read Latest Case Study Here – An Innovative Cover Solution Extends Reservoir Life
Read Latest Case Study Here – Point Lisas, Trinidad Receives Two State-Of-The-Art Glass-Fused-To-Steel Water Storage Tanks
Read Latest Case Study Here – Above the Big Top, CST and Bell County, Texas Put on a Blockbuster of a Show
Read Latest Case Study Here – Odor Under Cover – A Solution for the Largest Wastewater Treatment Plant in Europe
Innovative Storage Solutions
Dry Bulk Unloading Systems
Industry Leading Covers Solutions